Resolve Now



So many people wait until January 1st to start a new diet, start a new exercise program, start doing this, stop doing that... blah blah blah.  I say, DON'T wait.  Don't wait for a new day of the week, month, or year.  Don't wait for your schedule to clear.  Don't wait for the holidays to be over.  Start now, before Thanksgiving, before all of the treats of Christmas, before the celebrations of New Years.  Start now.

True story:  I used to HATE Thanksgiving because it meant feeling full and sick all day.  It wasn't until college one year that I discovered Thanksgiving didn't have to mean eating and eating and eating and eating and eating.  I had a nice meal and that. was. it.  I actually felt like I could enjoy Thanksgiving a little more because I wasn't feeling the crazy urge to take a nap and sleep away the fulness, only to wake up and stuff myself some more.  I really used to do that.  (And also on other holidays or for random Sunday dinners).

What prompted this post is an article I read by the National Calorie Control Council (seriously, that's a real council) about Thanksgiving Day totaling more than 4500 calories for the average American!  Are your freaking kidding me?!  That's nuts!  Read the article here, if interested.  So yeah, let's resolve NOW to practice moderation, keep up with our workouts, and better enjoy the holiday season :)

1 comment:

  1. You're right. My resolution this year was to make a new resolution every week. So far that's been easy to keep :O

    ReplyDelete